Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rumah Saya Baru

Yes, this post is a little out of date- but then again, so is this entire blog…   


  It has been three weeks since I moved into my new house and I have to say that my school outdid itself once again in order to please the buleh.  My new house is quite literally new- I had to wait for the construction workers to finish it so that I could move in. Located in a neighborhood called Gobah, I am about 15 minutes away from my school which is no problem with my sweet new bicycle. I live in the end unit of a townhouse style condo complex- pink on the outside and sunny yellow inside; I have a front living room, bedroom, small kitchen, and bathroom all decked out in true Indonesian style. I not only have a flushing toilet and shower, but I also have big windows that I can open for sunlight and fresh air, a cute front porch, and rooftop access which I use to suntan (gasp!- how culturally inappropriate).  My neighbors next door and across the lane are really nice and have small children that I can play with- although we had to have a talk about their use of my outdoor faucet for child and dish washing, and my front porch as a community hang out.   Some university students live above me and we became fast friends on the day I moved in. They were waiting for me when I arrived with my boxes, and quickly stationed themselves inside to help me unpack. Since then I often hear them calling my name through my windows when I’m home, and I usually have the same reaction I do in America when the Jehovah’s witnesses come around.  All in all it has been a major improvement and in answer to my principal’s question of “Are you happy?”- Yes, I am. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it Kelsey congrats on sticking to your guns and getting a great place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting the ball rolling for me Cyb- I wouldn't have a new house without you!

    ReplyDelete