Sunday, August 22, 2010

3 International Flights Later...

I am finally in Jakarta!! After 22 hours in the air and an overnight stay in Singapore, we have made it! It seems like I have been waiting for this for so long and now that it's finally here I can hardly believe it. All of the other ETA's in the group are very friendly and I have been doing my best to remember every one's name (there are 44 of us), with little success. Our orientation period lasts until September 17th, so hopefully by then I will have it nailed down.

My placement on Sumatra still stands, and I found today that I will have a travel buddy there with me, which allays my fear of being alone in the jungle! So far I have only seen Indonesia out of the bus window on the drive from the airport to our hotel, and I have to say that Jakarta is a very smelly, dirty city with a lot of shanty housing. I am going out exploring later, so I will have to let you know if I find anything different. I will be updating this as often as possible as I found out more information; but, so far, so good.

4 comments:

  1. I guess it is going to be hard to communicate real time since you are 12 hours ahead. Hey let me know what tomorrow is like. ha ha LOVE YOU. Cybbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay so excited your doing this Kels!! I'll be looking forward to reading everyday when I get home from work :) Safe safe and Skype you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you see a monkey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to keep the suspense kels... I believe it is august 24th and I have no knowledge of your whereabouts except that you are in a hotel... You know davey raised me... a girl worries hahaha...sheeesh... love you...& I love the blog hahah... nothing better then starten your day with a little bloggin : )

    ReplyDelete