Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Visa Vice

Well, yesterday's trip to Washington was interesting to say the least. We arrived at the embassy at nine o'clock only to be informed that they do not open until ten o'clock because of Ramadan. After killing an hour, we returned so I could be told that I did not have the correct paperwork. Luckily, there were two other girls, Mia and Hannah who are also Fulbrights and leaving Friday, in line behind me. Between the three of us we were able to figure out what we needed to do and apply for our 30-day visas, which we were assured would be turned into 9 month visas upon our arrival. I am truly thankful for their help. After approximately 4 hours of driving and 1 hour in the embassy, I have been informed that my visa will be ready for pick-up this Thursday between ten and one. I won't feel completely de-stressed until my passport and visa are back in my hands, but at least for now I know that I have done all that I can do.

1 comment:

  1. don't these people realize that you are going there to help/work for THEM????? one would think that they would be grateful and helpful for those of you in the fulbright program!

    ReplyDelete